This is a specialist course to help you relax and enjoy your pregnancy. The physical postures and breathing exercises will help to prepare you physically, mentally and emotionally for birth and allows you to release tension and relax so labour can progress without resistance. This course cultivates strength, flexibility and breath awareness for mothers-to- be. Massage techniques are also taught in this course which are very useful for labour. Classes can be attended after 15 weeks of pregnancy and no previous experience is necessary. The classes are also a great way to meet other soon-to-be mums.
Private one-to-one tuition can be arranged on request.
Benefits of Antenatal Yoga
• Increases energy and improves flexibility
• It keeps the body toned and supple without straining and it is useful to relieve pain in labour and childbirth
• Builds strength and stamina in preparation for labour
• Your posture is improved to encourage optimal fetal positioning for the birth of your baby
• Reduces stress and anxiety and calms the mind thus promoting sleep
• Reduces backache
• Gives to time and space to connect with your unborn baby
General guidelines are that you:
• Rest during the first trimester
• Start yoga in the second trimester
• Continue your classes until before birth
• Take up postnatal classes after birth