Yoga is the physical discipline of classical yoga. This yoga emphasises methods of doing yoga poses (asana) and breathing exercises (pranayama) for physical health and well-being. It is a practical science that unites body, mind, breath and spirit to create balance and well-being. Yoga consists of held and moving postures, combined with tuning in to the breath. The alignment of the muscular and skeletal structures is an important focus of the asanas. There are many forms of Hatha yoga styles and traditions.
Benefits of yoga:
• Builds strength, stamina and endurance
• Improves balance, coordination and posture
• Improves muscle tone and flexibility
• Strengthens the immune system
• Improves memory and concentration
• Calms the mind, reduces tension and releases stress
• Gives the opportunity for introspection and inner-awarenes
Regular practice will help you control your emotions and thus lead a more fulfilling and satisfying life.
General classes are suitable for all levels whether you are a complete beginner or have been practicing for some years.